Power transformers are vital components of the power supply infrastructure. Their reliability, availability, life cycle cost and residual life expectancy depend to a significant extent on how they are designed, built, operated and maintained. This course will help participants understand the basic principles of power transformers and the associated utilization issues.
Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to discuss your questions with internationally reputed transformer experts, exchange experiences and practical examples with fellow participants, and visit the KEMA High Power and High Voltages laboratories of DNV GL.
- Understanding of how transformers are designed, constructed, protected and operated
- Knowledge of how to specify and assure the quality of transformers
- Insight into transformer maintenance, condition assessment and lifetime estimation
For more information please refer to the leaflet and registration form.
There is also a four-day training course available in the Dutch language. More information about this course can be found on our Dutch website.
- Basic transformer theory
- Transformer design and construction
- Specification and quality assurance
- Transformer protection
- High-voltage and short-circuit transformer testing
- Oil: electrical insulator, thermal conductor and condition indicator
- Condition assessment and diagnosis
- Maintenance and transformer asset management
Asset engineers, asset managers, technical consultants and anyone else dealing with the design, specification, operation, maintenance and protection of power transformers.
Insightful. Apart from learning a lot from the facilitators, I learnt a lot from the team. Very helpful in furthering my asset management journey!"
- Gridactiv Reliability Engineers
Do you need more information?
Download our brochure
Energy Academy brochure
Download our brochure
Download an overview of our open enrolment courses
Energy Academy newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Request an in-house or customised training course
Find out about our training courses in other sectors
Explore the maritime training courses
Oil & Gas Academy
Explore the oil & gas training courses
Business Assurance Academy
Explore the business assurance training courses
Explore the software training courses