Introductory course to solar PV and PV power plants
A one day introductory course covering the technical basics of solar PV and the development of PV power plants.
This one day course covers the technical basics of solar PV, starting with a PV module up to a PV power plant. Besides the technology aspects, the course provides an overview of cost build up and price outlooks. The morning session concludes with an introduction to quality assessment of PV components and power plants. The second part of the course focuses on the PV project life cycle and the trainees are taken through the development phases of a large scale PV power plant.
- Technical basics of PV power plants
- the PV module
- basic electronics
- foundation & mounting structures
- PV power plant design
- Cost build up and price outlook
- market facts
- PV power plant cost build up
- PV module prices
- cost build up of Balance of System
- system costs
- Levilised Cost of Electricity (LCoE)
- Quality aspects
- overview of IEC standards
- PV modules standards and testing
- inverter standards and testing
- quality in PV power plants
- PV life cycle focus:
- Role-play: experience situations market actors find themselves in
- Q & A session and topics to be addressed resulting form participating in the course
This one day course is designed for participants that are relatively new to the field of
solar PV. For those who have some experience with PV projects and are looking for a two day course, we have developed a two day deep dive training course.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for professionals and organisations striving to obtain a certain basic knowledge about solar PV and the development of PV power plants. The typical audience includes project developers and owners, financial institutions, utilities, governmental organisations.