Ballast water tanks and cargo oil tanks are critical areas in terms of corrosion. Therefore, the International Maritime Organization (IMO) has adopted Performance Standards for Protective Coatings (PSPC).
IMO PSPC provides internationally harmonised requirements for protective coatings applied to ballast water and crude oil cargo tanks.
DNV GL offers a host of services and support regarding the conformity of coatings according to the PSPC. These include:
- The certification of coatings and coating systems
- Pre-qualification of coatings in our own accredited testing laboratory
- Technical and statutory support for achieving PSPC compliance
- Support for new coatings
- Guidelines for the maintenance and repair of ballast water tanks coatings
- Approval of testing laboratories as Service Suppliers for coating tests
- Approval of training courses/programmes as equivalent qualifications to FROSIO/NACE
- Assessment of Yard’s Coating Activities – according to PSPC and other standards/procedures
- Type approvals of shop primers, protective coating systems, sacrificial anodes and their fastening devices
You benefit from enhanced safety and reliability with our expertise in coatings. We offer:
- Proof of compliance for your applied coating system
- Reputable DNV GL certification that builds trust and confidence with your customers
- Efficient approval processes and expert support whenever needed